Brunch Idea: Lemons

How to use lemons as a summer brunch theme
Entertaining is something that never fails to bring me a lot of joy. I love to cook and open my house to my friends. Every summer, as a way to celebrate life and friendship, I host a Sunday brunch party.
When I think about the theme, I usually try to come up with something that is meaningful but at the same time all of my guests can relate to. It also has to relate to the season of the year I am hosting the brunch. My summer brunch gatherings are by far my favorite because summer is such a fun time of the year. Everyone is so relaxed and in a great mood!
So for this party, I choose the motto "If life gives you lemons...". The color palette included of course, yellow, black and white.

My DIY napkin rings turned out fabulous 
 The menu included lemonade, mimosas, salads and quiche Lorraine. We also enjoyed artichoke dip and croissants brought by two of my guests. For dessert, I made key-lime pie. Yum!
The kids had also a special corner to play and have fun too!
Brunch Menu


We had such a great time that I'm already planning my fall brunch which will naturally have Thanksgiving as the theme. I can't wait to plan another brunch like this one!